Friday, August 07, 2009

me fool? you?

I am no fool

So you smiled at me and I smiled back,
You reached out a hand and I touched it.
So I went along with conversations
And reciprocated the flirtatious advances you were making.

I am no fool.

So I let you hold me
And lull me to sleep with your hands tumbling around in my hair..
So I let you make your move
And I kissed you back.

I am no fool.

Did you think that I had fallen,
That my heart fluttered at the feeling of your hand against my skin?
Did you think I missed you when you went away,
That I thought only of you?

I am no fool.

You smiled at me when you thought I was looking,
Tried to touch me when you thought my exterior had softened.
You brought up conversations you believed would spark my interest.
And flirted just enough to see if I would flirt back.

I am no fool.

I let you hold me because I wanted to be held,
And Let you play with my hair because it soothes me.
I let you make your move to make you feel you had me,
And kissed you back simply because I wanted to be kissed.

But I am no fool.

I saw through what you said to hear what you meant,
Saw through what you did to see your purpose,
And allowed you only as far as I wanted you to go.
And then I was over it,
And you- the "playboy" were left in your happy little world
Oblivious to the fact that you sir,
Were the fool.

How's your medicine taste?

2 comments:

Oculto said...

damn... I was gonna say this "Im no fool" thing sounds like me, but the rest is rutheless..

A.R.T said...

LOVE IT...[is it bad that this is me right now?] lol