Sunday, December 27, 2009

sometimes you gotta slow down

Every now and then on my way to work there's one of a couple different men standing at this light asking for money. People call them bums...I just call them people who have fell on rough times, because any of us could be there, at any given time. Every day that I see them I'm in such a rush to get to work, and I tell myself, next time, next time I'll stop and give them some money. But everyday I say next time, and next time doesn't come. Well today, I decided it was next time. And I stopped, pulled down my window, and gave the man rushing to my car some money. I don't know if he's really in need, I'm sure there are people in the world who just like to get over on people. But I figure, even if he isn't homeless, maybe the fact that he's standing on the side of the road all day tells me that maybe he needs those couple of dollars more then I do. As the man grabbed the money from my hand he looked me in my eyes and said "God bless you", and he had the most piercingly beautiful blue eyes...that for a moment, took my breathe away. It was just a little moment...but it made my heart smile, and I was glad I didn't wait for next time.

0 comments: