Friday, October 16, 2009

light weight

Red light, Green light
And I'm off,
Full speed ahead
Shed
All of my past
For a better future
Never looking back
Wack
Jak
Stack, Dollars
On the way to the top
Stop!
At nothing
For the look of pride in my parents eyes
Because it is all for them, And always will be
See
I am nothing short of my mother's daughter
And I refuse to have it any other way
May
I say that the sun shines wherever I am
Because I carry my own sunshine wherever I go
No!
You will not take my sunshine away
With the hatred you spew
If you only knew
I am
Short in stature
But a giant in heart
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness
That wouldn't be smart
I am more then just a pretty face
So don't waste
My time
Tick
Tock
Goes my internal clock
And still I am in NO RUSH
Hush
I am enough baby for myself to handle
Candle, light
Bright
Right
Or Write
My thoughts down
Not to sound
Poetic
Just to release myself from their weight,
I feel lighter.

0 comments: