Saturday, January 30, 2010

just a random thoughtul moment

I was just a child the first time I thought I was in love. Four years of my life given to someone who was just a child himself. Now, after all these years, I think back and I think I did love him, as much as anyone in high school could love anyone else. It was the first time I truly understood a broken heart, but also the first time anyone was in a position to break it. Whats more important to me now though, is that that first guy I fell for, is a genuinely good guy. Over the years he's seen my family members much more than he's seen me...and each time they tell me how they saw him, how he came over to give them a kiss hello, and how he's always so sweet to them. And I smile because maybe my judge of character is better than I sometimes think.

0 comments: