Tuesday, April 14, 2009

a break from my current life.

So is it abnormal to be a 24 year old woman and not have the desire to go out and party? I've been so about work, so about family, so about gym, and so about reading...and so OK with that. Granted, the rare times I do go out, I enjoy myself, but it's just not something I really care to do. Maybe I'm abnormal...but if so I'm ok with that. Nonetheless, I just had 5 days off straight, definitely not a vacation, but eventful..

I got to attend a ridiculously dope poetry jam last week. Now these kind of outings, I love. What a night of beautiful words, beautiful thoughts, beautiful people. all LOVE. complete motivation. and going to dinner with 3 of the poets was just icing on the cake!
just some memorable words out of the many I heard that night:
"how the hell did mother earth become a man's world" -Kesed
"forever loyal
never deceitful,
no other culture can equal
to the rythm of my people" - Lemon

And...my return to NYC, por fin! I've had a love affair with NYC for a few years now, but we've been on the outs for a while. My heart wasn't broken, no huge argument was had...we simply grew apart and went our separate ways. Pero, the moment I smell the NYC air, touch my feet to it's pavements...it's like I fall in love all over again. I don't necessarily miss it when I'm away, but when I'm there, it's natural. The time and distance only makes the reunions that much better.

-til next time

0 comments: